The Huawei Mate X3 is the latest addition to Huawei’s lineup of foldable smartphones. With its unique design and cutting-edge technology, the Mate X3 is a device that has attracted a lot of attention since its release. In this article, we will provide a detailed review of the Huawei Mate X3, covering its design, features, and performance.
The Huawei Mate X3 is the latest foldable smartphone to hit the market, and it’s already causing quite a stir. As a successor to the Huawei Mate X2, the Mate X3 has some big shoes to fill. But with its innovative features, sleek design, and powerful hardware, it’s shaping up to be one of the most impressive mobile devices on the market.
Huawei Mate X3 Review
Foldable smartphones are the latest technology trend, and the Huawei Mate X3 is at the forefront of this movement. With its foldable screen, the device offers a unique and flexible user experience that sets it apart from traditional smartphones. But is it worth the investment? In this mobile phone review, we’ll take a closer look at the Huawei Mate X3 and its features to find out.
Design and Build Quality
The Huawei Mate X3 is a foldable smartphone that is designed to look and feel like a traditional smartphone when unfolded. The phone features a 6.45-inch OLED display that is capable of folding in half to create a more compact form factor. The hinge mechanism that allows the phone to fold is made of durable materials, and it feels sturdy and reliable when opening and closing the device. The Mate X3 also has a sleek and modern design, with a slim profile and a minimalist color scheme.
The device has a slim profile, with a thickness of just 11 mm when folded. It’s also relatively lightweight, weighing in at around 295g. The Huawei Mate X3 is available in two colors: black and white, both of which offer a modern and stylish aesthetic.
One of the most impressive features of the Huawei Mate X3 is its display. The phone features a 6.45-inch OLED display that has a resolution of 2700 x 1160 pixels. When the phone is unfolded, the display looks stunning, with bright colors and sharp details. The display also has a 90Hz refresh rate, which makes scrolling and animations appear smoother and more fluid. When the phone is folded, the Mate X3 has a 6.45-inch display on the front and a 6.75-inch display on the back. Both displays are of high quality, with good color accuracy and contrast.
The Huawei Mate X3 features a triple-camera setup that includes a 50MP main camera, a 16MP ultra-wide camera, and a 12MP telephoto camera. The camera system is capable of capturing high-quality photos and videos, and it performs well in low-light conditions. The Mate X3 also has a 16MP front-facing camera that is located on the side of the phone when it is unfolded. This camera takes good-quality selfies and can be used for video calls.
Performance and Battery Life
The Huawei Mate X3 is powered by a Kirin 9000 5G processor, which is a powerful and efficient chipset that can handle demanding tasks with ease. The phone also has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, which should be more than enough for most users. The Mate X3 runs on Huawei’s EMUI 12 operating system, which is based on Android 12. The battery life of the Mate X3 is also impressive, with a 4500mAh battery that can last for a full day of use on a single charge.
Price and Availability
The Huawei Mate X3 is a premium smartphone that is priced at around $2,700 USD. This is a significant investment, and it puts the Mate X3 in the same price range as other high-end smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The Mate X3 is currently only available in select markets, including China and some European countries.
- Innovative Design: The Huawei Mate X3’s foldable design is both unique and practical, providing users with a larger display when needed, while still being able to fold down into a smaller form factor for easy portability.
- Excellent Display: The Mate X3’s OLED display is one of the best on the market, with high resolution and color accuracy. The 90Hz refresh rate also makes the phone feel more responsive and fluid.
- Good Camera System: The Mate X3’s triple-camera setup can take high-quality photos and videos in a variety of lighting conditions. The front-facing camera is also conveniently located on the side of the phone when unfolded, making it easy to take selfies and participate in video calls.
- Strong Performance: The Mate X3’s Kirin 9000 5G processor and 8GB of RAM make it a powerful smartphone that can handle demanding tasks with ease.
- Long Battery Life: The Mate X3’s 4500mAh battery can last for a full day of use on a single charge, making it a reliable choice for users who need their phone to last throughout the day.
- High Price: The Mate X3’s high price point may make it inaccessible to many consumers, especially when compared to other high-end smartphones that offer similar features and specifications.
- Limited Availability: The Mate X3 is currently only available in select markets, which may make it difficult for some users to purchase.
- Fragile Design: Foldable smartphones are generally more delicate than traditional smartphones, and the Mate X3 is no exception. Users will need to be careful when handling the phone, as a damaged hinge or display could be costly to repair.
- Lack of Google Services: Huawei’s ongoing trade ban with the US means that the Mate X3 does not come with Google services such as the Google Play Store, which may be a dealbreaker for some users.
The Huawei Mate X3 is a powerful and impressive foldable smartphone that offers a unique and innovative design. The phone’s display is one of the best on the market, and the camera system is capable of taking high-quality photos and videos. The Mate X3 also has excellent performance and battery life, making it a great choice for power users. However, the phone’s high price may make it inaccessible for many people, and its limited availability could make it difficult to get your hands on. Overall, the Huawei Mate X3 is a fantastic smartphone that offers a glimpse into the future of smartphone design and technology.
Leave a Comment